Sunday, September 27, 2009

Joy


Joy



I am a joyful child of God.  

Good Evening Michael, Come to me in Joy. Bring the exuberence you once had for life.

Good evning Father, I find that joy becomes more difficult to hold on to than it was when I was a child playing in the leaves of a beautiful autumn day. It's hard to find joy when I am hurting and others around me hurt as well. We carry on, we put one foot in front of the other and we do what needs to be done. But often its just plain stubborness that keeps us going. it's hard to be Joyful when the situation demands a stoic demeanor.

Aren't these the times when joy is most necessary. when you can carry your burdens with a "song in your heart and the wind in your hair" ? Realize that you are children of God, Greet all that comes your way with joyfulness and you find that your burdens become lighter. You find that you can walk through life with a spring in your step.
Life doesn't require tears. Oh! Certainly tears come, along with grief and anger. Let them go and turn again to me for the promise of life everlasting.

I found a quote:

Helen Keller:
We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world. How would you respond to miss Keller?

I would say that without joy in the world you could never learn to be.brave and patient. How can you pick up your burden? How could you take the next step if you didn't believe that something wonderful was waiting for you. If you only realize you don't have to wait. That joy is all around even in the midst of the most devastating experiences. Look for that joy, hold it in your heart as you look toward the abundant love that is here for you.

Thank you Lord for spending this time with me tonight. I may not always feel the joy. but I feel the comfort your presences provides.

Let that comfort grow. Joy is but a short step away for each of you. Rest easy knowing that a divine plan is at work.

Thanks to Hill Country Gal for turning me on to Del Castillo



Derek Trucks Band - Joyful Noise



   

No comments:

Post a Comment