Friday, October 9, 2009

Gratitude I am grateful for love given and received.

Good Evening Father, I'm going to skip the Daily Word lesson for today, Gratitude was the theme, appropriate for Thanksgiving Day for our northern neighbors.. I am thankful. occasionlly angry but grateful none the less. What are you grateful for?

I am grateful for the moments when people surpass their self expectations.. I am grateful for each act of kindness toward another. I am grateful for love freely given and freely recieved. I am grateful for the connections cultivated and the moments shared. I am grateful for compassion in all of its forms, freely expressed by indiviuals, organizations and governments. What are you grateful for?

I am grateful for the small unexpected kindnesses. I am grateful for the smile of a passing stranger. I am grateful for my wife Shari. I am grateful for the people who push me just a little bit further each day. Compassion seems to be moving into the forefront of peoples consciousness which hopefully will guide their  actions. As we approach the the unveiling of the Charter for Compassion on November 12th, I would like there to be world wide participation in this event. I believe there is something more than coincidental about Prsident Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize and the unveiling of the charter  so close together. I feel the United States has so much to give if we can quit being afraid.

Yes you all have so much to give to each other, so much good will to spread throughout your world. The ball is rolling now. It gathers momentum gathering those who have, connecting them with those who have not. Great things are afoot in your personal universe Michael. I think you will be happy at the outcomes of you recent actions.

This sounds promising. I need something positive to hang on to.

You have initiated the changes coming your way. Commitment has been the key. Your willingness to engage others through your chat sights, The friends you have made online and the friends you will be making as your commitments take root and began to bear fruit. Despite the obstacles you face you do have the where with all to follow through on your pledges, by doing so creating a better life for you with your loved ones.

This seems more personal than any conversation we have had to date. I sense a change in our relationship.

No, no change. You remain among with the rest of the people among the beloved of  God. You begin to realize your potential and strive to overcome the obstacles that often you have put in your own way.

Well, thank you very much for the opportunity to stretch myself. To revisit and perhaps regain some of what I have lost.


In losing those things, you have actually gained. What was once taken for granted is now difficult to regain. You won't come all the way back. but you understand to a deeper level the value of what was squandered. There will be positive changes.

Thank you Father, I must sleep.  Good night Michael

2 comments: